The score and documentation for the 2016 Field Day operation have been posted to the ARRL for scoring. We actually scored a little better this year than last year.
Here’s the breakdown:
Number of participants: 31
CW contacts: 166
Digital contacts: 88 (all by GOTA)
Phone contacts: 335 (includes 12 GOTA SSB contacts)
QSO points – CW: 166 x 2 = 332
QSO points – Digital: 88 X 2 = 176
QSO points – Phone: 335 x 1 = 335
Total QSO points = 843
Power multiplier: 150 watts or less = QSO x 2
Claimed QSO score = 1,686
200 points – 100% Emergency power
100 points – Alternate (solar) power – 5 contacts
100 points – Set-up in Public Place
100 points – Information Table
100 points – Site Visit by Invited Elected Official
80 points – GOTA bonus
50 points – Online entry form submission
Total bonus points = 730
Total submitted score: 2,416 points
(66 points MORE than last year)
Here are a few interesting observations:
- We had 40 more CW contacts this year than in 2015 (THANK YOU Byron, N4AX!!!).
- We had 40 fewer phone contacts on the main stations than last year.
- We had 88 digital contacts on the GOTA station this year (2 points each).
- We only had 12 phone contacts on the GOTA station this year. Last year was 145 total GOTA contacts, all phone (1 point each).
- We get 80 bonus points because 4 operators of the GOTA station each got 20 or more contacts.
- We do not get any media publicity points this year. The Decatur Daily and the cable company were not contacted.
- We were not visited by an invited agency official.
- We were visited by an invited city council member but no other invited city or county officials.
- We get 100 bonus points for making more than 5 contacts with solar power.
All in all it was a great outing, and I think everyone involved had a great time.
Now, wait till next year!!!